Friday, September 14, 2012

Pedrosa on Championship Hunt at Misano, Rea Replaces Stoner

Dani Pedrosa Aragon Test 2012

After his two successive and impressive wins in Indianapolis and Brno, Dani Pedrosa arrives in Misano confident and aiming to continue his great momentum at a track where he's been on the podium the last three years in a row, with a victory included in 2010. Alongside Dani for the first time in a Grand Prix weekend is British rider Jonathan Rea, who will combine MotoGP and Superbike World Championships whilst replacing Casey Stoner - currently recovering in Australia after successful surgery to his right ankle.

The Repsol Honda Team will seek to maintain the high level that has given them them five victories in the last six races. Dani, 13 points off the lead in the general standings, will be looking to take advantage of the results from the last tests in Brno and Aragon to fight for another victory in Italy. Jonathan, straight from his Superbike race in Nurburgring where he crashed in race one and took 4th in race two, hopes to enjoy this new experience in Misano, where he has already raced this season in Superbikes celebrating a fifth and a second place finish in both races respectively, and enjoyed his ever first win in 2009.

Dani Pedrosa
"Misano is a tricky track, quite bumpy, with a lot of braking and accelerations. The grip level is always a challenge, because it changes a lot from the morning sessions to the afternoon. In the past, our bike has been quite unstable there but I believe this year we have improved that. I hope the work we have done in the Brno and Aragon tests with suspension and electronics, can help us to start the weekend strong in Misano. We need to continue working in the same way, focusing on our bike's performance and my riding to keep reducing the gap in the Championship".

Jonathan Rea
"For me its a big dream come true just to race in MotoGP; it's been very unfortunate for Casey to sustain such an injury when he was having a very strong season and my best wishes go to him while he recovers. Now, my job is to replace him and I will try to do the best I can. I love Misano, I've already raced there this year and I finished second, it's also where I had my first ever Superbike win in 2009 and I enjoy the circuit and the Italian fans, they are always very enthusiastic. I take this opportunity like a great gift from Honda; in the few days I've spent with the team I have felt very good, they understand it will take me some time to push with this bike but I'm learning every time I get on it. It's been great to have these 3 days testing on the bike to prepare myself and for sure Friday morning will be less chaotic. We already have the riding position set, the base setup is set and I understand the electronics a little more. I know it's going to be busy, but I'm ready".

Repsol Honda Team Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/zx8ADTNognc/Pedrosa+Championship+Hunt+Misano+Rea+Replaces

Hans Georg Anscheidt Alessandro Antonello

No comments:

Post a Comment