Sunday, October 21, 2012

Jonas Folger hoping to maintain form and bounce back from Motegi disappointment

Jonas Folger Motegi 2012
Just two days on from the Grand Prix of Japan it is already consigned to the history books and the MotoGP paddock has its focus firmly set on the next round in the championship this weekend at Sepang. The fifteenth round of the Moto3 season takes place around the palm-tree lined 5.548km Malaysian circuit, where the intense tropical heat tests the riders to the limit. Four practice sessions of intense hard work awaits as the teams do their best to adapt the machines to the high demands of the circuit and the conditions. Sandro Cortese edged closer to being crowned World Champion in Japan and unless there is a huge surprise the Moto3 title looks certain to be the first to be decided. 

MAPFRE Aspar rider Jonas Folger came within a single lap of continuing his incredible start to life with the team at Motegi. Only a racing incident caused by another rider denied Jonas from a seemingly certain podium but his thoughts have already turned away from that and onto his next challenge this weekend. If he can maintain his stunning recent form then there is no reason why the German can't return to the podium this Sunday at one of his favourite circuits. Team rookie Luca Amato, meanwhile, will purely be focusing on speeding up his adaptation to Grand Prix competition.

Jonas Folger: 
“We were really unlucky last weekend because we could have won the race but instead we finished up in the gravel. Even so I want to remain optimistic and carry on the good form we showed in Japan. We performed to a very high level there and I hope we can continue to do so this weekend in Malaysia. Sepang is one of my favourite circuits so I can't wait to arrive and get back to work. I just know it is going to be another good weekend for us and I am going to work hard to be fighting for the win again on Sunday. I just hope we have a bit more luck on our side this weekend so that we can put the disappointment from Japan behind us.”

Luca Amato: 
“We struggled to get on the pace at Motegi. Everything is still very new to me and I am still adapting although I didn't think it would take me this long. The Kalex/KTM package is working perfectly but I don't feel comfortable on it yet so in Malaysia we will be working against the clock to get as many laps in as possible and to get a feeling for the bike. It will be my first visit to Sepang but I must have done a thousand laps there on the games console. It looks like it will be a difficult track but I think I'll like it. I will work as hard as necessary from Friday morning to get used to this bike and this category.”

Mapfre Aspar Moto3 Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/YHIkzGnphBZ/Jonas+Folger+hoping+maintain+form+bounce+back

Gino Borsoi Luca Boscoscuro

No comments:

Post a Comment