Saturday, October 20, 2012

Abraham rides to eleventh place in Japan

Karel Abraham Motegi 2012

Karel Abraham finished eleventh in the MotoGP race at the Motegi track in Japan. The Cardion AB Motoracing rider crossed the line 1’15.658 seconds behind race winner Dani Pedroso, and less than five seconds behind Hector Barbera on the other satellite Ducati. 

Karel Abraham
“The start went surprisingly well, but I was exasperated by what followed. Once again, I had problems with the brakes – they became progressively worse, and whenever I broke hard, the brake lever was virtually touching the handlebars. The first four laps were a disaster, after which things started to improve. Unfortunately Barbera had got away from me, and despite the fact I was starting to close the gap, I ran out of time. A few laps before the finish, it became clear that I wouldn’t be able to catch him and there was no point in taking any risks, so I just protected my position through to the finish line.” 

Marco Grana, Cardion AB Motoracing chief mechanic
“There’s no way we can be happy with this result, but on the other hand, I’m glad that we finished the race. After all, this was a really tricky weekend for us, with two crashes and a race circuit that doesn’t suit Karel. Motegi is one of the worst tracks for braking: it demands a lot of hard braking and Karel was complaining of braking problems. Unfortunately, it’s all about trusting the bike, and over the course of the season Karel has found it harder and harder to    maintain that trust”

Cardion AB Ducati Press Release

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here
Get the latest update on our Twitter page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/gUnqyJUcMe5/Abraham+rides+eleventh+place+Japan

Paul Bordes Juan Bordons

No comments:

Post a Comment