Thursday, May 16, 2013

Marquez and Pedrosa move on to France at head of MotoGP standings

The one-two for Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez at the Grand Prix of Spain has put the Repsol Honda Team at the head of the MotoGP World Championship standings. With three different winners from the three races held so far this season, the top trio are separated by just four points, offering an exciting start to the season that will continue at the French Grand Prix. In Moto3, Alex Rins and Alex Marquez already have an eye on a new challenge after disappointment at Jerez.It will come at the legendary Le Mans circuit, the venue for the famous 24-hour endurance race and a track at which both Pedrosa and Marquez have won Grands Prix. Pedrosa did so in 125cc (2003) and in 250cc (2004 and 2005) whilst Marquez took the victory in 2011 –his first season in Moto2. It was also the scene of the first podium for Alex Rins, who one year ago managed to finish third in the rain on his first visit to the track. That is a scenario that teammate Alex Marquez may face this time around, at one of the few tracks that he has yet to ride –along with Mugello, Assen, Sachsenring and Silverstone.Pedrosa 26"After a fantastic weekend in Jerez and a productive test on the Monday, I'm looking forward to going to Le Mans. I had good results in the past and I enjoy the circuit, so I'm hoping that the bike works well there. Practice management in Le Mans can sometimes be difficult and complicated due to the weather but I'm finding my comfort again on the bike and I'm working well with the team. I will go to France and aim to use all of my experience and remain focused for the whole weekend."    Marquez 93"We go to Le Mans and again we arrive there starting from zero, as I haven't done any tests there. I'll do my best and I'll try to make the most of the situation. I hope it doesn't rain so we can prepare the bike on a dry track, this is very important to find the right set up. I'm very happy at the moment but we have to keep our feet on the ground as the coming circuits are new for me in MotoGP. A huge part of our success in this first part of the season is down to the help that Honda and the team have given me and it had helped my riding a lot."    Rins 42"Le Mans is a circuit that holds fond memories for me. It was where I got my first podium in the World Championship, coming from far back down the order, in the wet and half-injured with a broken finger. To be honest, we left to Jerez with a bad taste in our mouths and Le Mans is a chance to turn the page. With respect to the circuit, it has a difficult layout with some tricky corners, but I think we can adapt fast to have a good weekend. I feel very comfortable with the bike and, thanks to this and the work of the team, I can ride pretty fast."    Alex Marquez 12"Le Mans is a new circuit for me, like Qatar and Austin were. We hope that the weather helps us out, since in recent years it has rained a lot at the French Grand Prix. We come into this one with the mentality with which we faced the first three Grands Prix and have been working in a positive way. We just have to keep it up and find a good setup. Only once have I accompanied my brother to the circuit, but from what I've seen, Le Mans is a track with hard braking and acceleration. This type of circuit looks to be pretty good for me, and I've been playing games and watching videos to get the best references possible."Marc Márquez analyses the Circuit of Le Mans : Watch the videoCommunication Repsol Media -www.repsolmedia.com -

Source: http://www.fim-live.com/en/media/news/news-detail/article/1368528016-marquez-and-pedrosa-move-on-to-france-at-head-of-motogp-standings/

Jack Brett Norick Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment