Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Great win" – Bou

Reigning FIM X-Trial World Champion Toni Bou - Repsol Montesa now enjoys a healthy and almost ominous nineteen point lead in this year's general standings and only after just two rounds of the current campaign. Bou's victory inside the Palau Sant Jordi last night, marked his seventh at this famous venue to match that achieved by the legendary Jordi Tarres two decades ago. Speaking about his latest triumph Toni said. "I am very happy as it was great to win in front of my home fans. I can hardly believe that this was my seventh victory in this great arena, as I never thought I would be able to achieve such a record." "The sections were easier than we normally face in Barcelona, but this meant that the battle continued right until the end of the Trial. It was certainly more exciting for the fans when it is like this, but for the leading riders you have to deal with a lot more pressure. I really had to concentrate not to make any mistakes as the sections were very slippery due to the dust created by the enduro." "After this win I will rest a little before then continuing my training in order to be ready for the next round in Malaga."

Source: http://www.fim-live.com/en/media/news/news-detail/article/1360535226-great-win-bou/

Angelo Bergamonti Werner Bergold

No comments:

Post a Comment