Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bou equals record

Toni Bou – Repsol Montesa equalled the record of Jordi Tarres and Dougie Lampkin when he won his seventh successive FIM Trial World Championship by winning the closing day of the French Grand Prix held at Isola 2000. Twenty-six year old Bou now looks likely to become the most successful Trial rider of all time having also already won the FIM Indoor / X-Trial World Championship seven times. Speaking after the podium celebration Bou said. "This feels almost as good as my first title, as it has been such a tough championship and an incredibly difficult weekend for me. Yesterday I was not confident on the bike as I have not ridden so much since the last round due to the injury I sustained at the British GP. Adam and Jeroni rode really well and punished me. I was very nervous going into today, especially about the rain and then when I made some mistakes on the first lap that put me in fourth place, I thought it was not going to be my day. In the end as a team we did a good recovery and managed to win the trial and the title, which feels so incredible at this moment. "

Source: http://www.fim-live.com/en/media/news/news-detail/article/1378067369-bou-equals-record/

Haruchika Aoki Nobuatsu Aoki

No comments:

Post a Comment