Thursday, August 22, 2013

TEAM DG SPORT HEROCK third in Oschersleben

Team DG SPORT took a fine third place yesterday in Superstock on their Yamaha R1 at the third round of the FIM Endurance World Championship. After a DNF in the Bol d'Or in April, this podium marks a great comeback. From the moment they left the pits, the Belgian team showed it meant business, clocking up great times in free practice then in the qualifiers. Their excellent results on the timesheets put them in 8th position on the starting grid of this 8 Hour Endurance event. First to take to the track, Didier Van Keymeulen performed well, hanging on to 8th place during the first laps of the race. During the race, their refuelling kept the team in the leading pack but they were not quite fast enough to gain precious seconds during the pit stops. For the next race in Le Mans (24 hours), the team will be focusing on improving this key factor. Wear to the tyres, which is quite rapid on the circuit at Oschersleben, prevented the riders from pushing too hard on the second relay on each set of tyres.Our riders managed to avoid mishaps, which was none too easy as the race saw a number of crashes. Didier Van Keymeulen : "I got a great start and I gave my all to keep up with the leaders in our category. The team instructions were clear: find a good pace and keep on their wheels and let them make the mistakes. We knew that they would be a bit faster than us at their racing pace. After our win in the 6 Heures Moto in Spa last week, a place on the podium at Oschersleben is a great boost to our motivation and will spur me on to fine-tune my preparation to be on the top of my game at Le Mans."Raymond Schouten: "I'm delighted with this result as it's my third podium in world endurance with the team. We had a lot of fun this week and that makes the final result taste all the sweeter. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to take part in Le Mans because of a round of my Dutch Supersport Championship, which is a big disappointment for me, but I shall give my team mates my full support!"Lucas Mahias: "It was a tough week for me as I had a few problems getting the pace right on our R1. My right elbow was also bothering me after a serious highside last week, but in the end it didn't hurt my performances during the race. I'm thrilled to get my first podium with the team and I hope it won't be the last. We shall all be giving 100% to try to add the Le Mans 24 Hours to the team's list of successes."Team Manager Olivier Aerts: "Today our riders got the very best out of the motorcycle. This podium shows that we have moved up a notch and that we shall be ready for another podium in four weeks' time at Le Mans. We know where we can gain a bit more time and the technicians of the Francorchamps Campus will be working hard to optimise all that in the coming weeks."Oschersleben 8 Hours, Endurance World Championship: Results1. Suzuki Endurance Racing Team (EWC) 316 laps2. BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent (EWC) +2 laps3. Monster Energy Yamaha (EWC) +3 laps4. Bolliger Team Switzerland (EWC) +3 laps5. Yamaha France – GMT94 (EWC) +7 laps6. Penz13.com Racing Team (Superstock) +8 laps7. Team Motor Events April Moto (Superstock) +8 laps8. DG SPORT HEROCK (Superstock) +10 lapsPhoto: credit DG SPORTCommunication DG SPORT - wwwdgsport.eu –

Source: http://www.fim-live.com/en/media/news/news-detail/article/1376922309-team-dg-sport-herock-third-in-oschersleben/

Carlos Bellon Carlo Bellotti

No comments:

Post a Comment