Thursday, July 18, 2013

Track day bike recommendations

Greetings all this is my first post on this forum.

I've been riding for a little over a year now and ever since I upgraded to a Triumph Street Triple R I've become addicted to carving up the curves up in the mountains. I want to start pushing the limits of my abilities in a safe environment. Therefore I want to start taking a bike to some track days. I don't want to take my Triumph just yet as I'll be afraid of wrecking it so I want a dedicated bike which I can thrash up at the track and still be able to come home to my STR afterwards.

I've done a little research and have a pretty good idea on the criteria for the bike but I need some recommendations on which bikes fit within what I'm looking for.

* around 50 - 75 hp, I want to concentrate on learning proper cornering, braking and such without worrying about taming too much power
* easily available parts, I'm buying this bike to learn to race. If I have to replace bent shifting forks 10 times learning proper clutch-less shifting so be it
* a decent selection of after market upgrades, the bike doesn't have to have an adjustable suspension initially but the ability to add one later is a must
* fairly light weight, I want to eventually tear up the larger, heavier bikes through the corners

Thanks

Source: http://www.esportbike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146473&goto=newpost

Gino Borsoi Luca Boscoscuro

No comments:

Post a Comment