Friday, November 30, 2012

Ecclestone: Ferrari “completely wrong” in Vettel row | F1 Fanatic round-up

Ecclestone: Ferrari “completely wrong” in Vettel row is an original article from F1 Fanatic. If this article has been published anywhere other than F1 Fanatic it is an infringement of copyright.

Stefano Domenicali, Bernie Ecclestone, Circuit of the Americas, 2012In the round-up: Bernie Ecclestone says no action needs to be taken following Ferrari’s request the FIA looks into Vettel’s driving in Brazil.

F1 Fanatic Supporters

It’s six months since the F1 Fanatic Supporter scheme was launched.

I’ve very pleased with how many people have expressed interest in supporting F1 Fanatic so far and the contributions made are already being used to develop and sustain the site.

Thanks very much to everyone who has become an F1 Fanatic Supporter so far.

In return for contributing £1 per month to F1 Fanatic you will be able to browse the site ad-free. You can pay per month or per year.

See below for more information.

Links

Top F1 links from the past 24 hours:

Ecclestone: Vettel flag row ‘a complete joke’ (The Telegraph)

“There is the fact that a green flag was shown, which nobody seems to dispute. It’s a complete joke. What they are saying in that letter is wrong. I don’t think there needs to be any action taken. It’s completely and utterly wrong.”

FIA: Sebastian Vettel has ‘no case to answer’ over controversial move (The Guardian)

Charlie Whiting: “In Vettel’s case, between the last yellow light and the green light there was a green flag being waved. The distance is 350 metres here. Vettel responded to the flag and did everything right.”

Start, Istanbul, 2010Turkish Grand Prix Hopes Pinned on Ecclestone Talks (Bloomberg BusinessWeek)

New Istanbul Park rightsholder Vural Ak: “We are hoping to have a positive decision by Ecclestone next week. I have guaranteed minimum 50,000 viewers to Formula One’s race day of Sunday. But I expect about 80,000 audience on the Sunday of the main race.”

And for my next trick… (WRC)

Heikki Kovalainen: “There’s not much outside of Formula One that interests me but rallying is one of those things. Sometimes I think it’s a bit surprising that I didn’t become a rally driver earlier in life; I had lots of opportunities when I was growing up to drive on forest tracks, like most kids in Finland, but then I discovered racing circuits! Next year we’ll see what happens: there’s life outside Formula One as well.”

Montezemolo: “A car capable of winning right from the start in 2013″ (Ferrari)

“There were at least two cars, the McLaren and the Red Bull, that were better than ours. Therefore having managed to get ahead of at least one of them in the Constructors’ and keeping Fernando in the fight right to the end, was very significant and I wish to thank you for that.”

Webber not playing support role at Red Bull (Reuters)

“I don’t go there thinking I’ve got to be playing a team role as such. I’m there for myself, to get the best results possible and to do that I need to be part of the team. So, no, I’m not going there thinking in a supporting role at all.”

The Inside Line – on Williams’ Pastor Maldonado (F1)

“Q: What event can’t you forget but would wish you could?
PM: In 2007 when I was training with a bike I fell and broke my collarbone. That was stupid and completely unnecessary. I am racing at 300kph and then I fall off a bike…”

Horner – Repeated success makes you unpopular (ESPN)

“The fastest way of becoming unpopular is to have repeated success. The success we have had does not sit easily with some of our more established colleagues.”

Tweets

Comment of the day

James (@Goodyear92) is glad nothing came of speculation surrounding Vettel:

I am a little disappointed in one sense, because I didn’t want Vettel to win the championship, but also satisfied due to the fact that having a championship settled days after the final race, through the winning driver and team being penalised, leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

If he had made the pass in the yellow zone, therefore it was illegal, I would rather it was spotted straight away and penalised during the race.

So, he didn’t break the rules and that is that. We have our champion, whether we like it or not (and I don’t).
James (@Goodyear92)

From the forum

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday to Anirudh, Daniel and Mark Stevenson!

If you want a birthday shout-out tell us when yours is by emailling me, using Twitter or adding to the list here.

On this day in F1

The list of drivers heading to the Young Drivers’ Test three years ago makes for interesting reading.

Some have already made their way to F1, such as Paul di Resta, Nico Hulkenberg and Daniel Ricciardo. Others moved to IndyCar such as that year’s Formula Renault 3.5 champion Bertrand Baguette and Mike Conway.

Esteban Gutierrez has finally got his big break – will Jules Bianchi join him?

Images © Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Red Bull/Getty images

Ecclestone: Ferrari “completely wrong” in Vettel row is an original article from F1 Fanatic. If this article has been published anywhere other than F1 Fanatic it is an infringement of copyright.


Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/f1fanatic/~3/YwnzxVU04LE/

Gastone Biscia Norman Black

No comments:

Post a Comment