Monday, July 16, 2012

Mid-Ohio

Well, the weekend is fast approaching. I know the AMA SBK races will be pointless, but Daytona Sportbike should be interesting. Plus, I just love the atmosphere. Mid-Ohio is a fantastic track. Next year I may give up my Bearcats football season tix in favor for track season tickets. This will be my ninth consecutive year in attendance, and the crowd has been getting more desperate each year. Since DMG took over, the event is a shadow of it's former self.

Without a job I will travel lightly this year. I'm glad I bought my tickets whilst still employed. I have not ridden there since my first year, and only trailered the bike a few other times. Each year I bring more and more things to stay entertained. I think this year I will go minimalist and load up the VFR with a few clothes, sleeping bag, and tent. The idea is to drop off all that stuff at the site, then ride into town and get a styrofoam cooler, ice, food, and beer. Firewood will be scavenged from the woods/trials track.

Anyone else going to go?

Source: http://www.esportbike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144815&goto=newpost

Reg Armstrong Arciso Artesiani

No comments:

Post a Comment